Wheel compatiblity questions

Tires, rims, lugs, wheel locks, detailing, more

Re: Wheel compatiblity questions

Postby RedTailRay - December 12th, 2018, 12:57 pm

I've been eyeballing the American racing BAJA wheels and wrapping them in another set of General Grabber AT2s.
The bolt pattern is the same (5-114.30//5-4.5) but the Offset is 00mm which means its centered in the wheel as opposed to the +40 offset most aftermarket wheels for the escape come.
Seems they make them only for jeeps and full sized trucks which bums me out cause I think they'd look really nice on my white E.
RedTailRay

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby vidya31 - March 23rd, 2019, 1:06 am

This discussion really helped about the compatibility questions..!
vidya31

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby Rime of AM - April 29th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Well, since the chrome is peeling on my factory wheels they will be relegated to winter duty. I had a set of '04 Mustang Bullitts that were destined for another car when the tires wore out. They haven't yet, sooo, the summer tires are now on the Bullitts. I purchased Motorcraft TPMS. Had them installed today. Then took a 200 mi trip, so far no issues w/TPMS alerts. The shop (not a tire shop) did not want to have anything to do with programming the sensors.

So now I wonder, did they automatically synch?

Is the car just ignoring them?

When I get home I will try dumping tire pressure to see if it is functioning.
Black on Black 2010 LTD V6 AWD K&N, roof rack ribs, Mustang Bullitts (summer), Stock Chromies (chrome peeling and relegated to winter duty), Ebay tailgate spoiler.

"Quid, Me Anxius Sum?"
:bill:
Rime of AM

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 LTD

Postby Rime of AM - April 29th, 2019, 5:50 pm

I have to admit, as cool as they are, the Bullitts don't pop like the OEM Chromies do.
Black on Black 2010 LTD V6 AWD K&N, roof rack ribs, Mustang Bullitts (summer), Stock Chromies (chrome peeling and relegated to winter duty), Ebay tailgate spoiler.

"Quid, Me Anxius Sum?"
:bill:
Rime of AM

E-C LEVEL 1
Congratulations on reaching 50 posts!
My vehicle: 2010 LTD

Postby bangster - April 30th, 2019, 8:11 am

I guess it depends on the finish, but I just got some 18 inch euro lip Bullitts for my Fusion (polished, not painted), and once I get to the point they are cleaned up and have proper sized tires, will really see if I like them, but I think I will! The stock Sport wheels had been curbed so badly by the original owner(s) that it requires metal filler to fix much of it, and they seem darker than the normal wheel paint, so they don't look good touched up, and painting the whole thing won't go well.
'17 SE, FWD 1.5T Magnetic Metallic
201A (halogen projectors, Sync 3, BLIS, SyncConnect, Reverse Sensing)
Nav (boo), Power Liftgate
bangster

E-C LEVEL 5
My vehicle: 2017 Escape SE FWD 1.5T 201A
My vehicle's name: magnetic

Previous

Return to Tires And Rims