Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

16 vs 17 inch wheels

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  simonsi 
#1 ·
2010 XLT Front Wheel Drive, in-line 2.5L

I had the stock 16 inch wheels with 235/70 tires (29 in diameter) I found and bought Explorer 17 inch wheels and paired them with 245/70 tires (30.5 in diameter) No modifications, lifts, spacers, rubbing or anything.

PS. this is my first post. how do I attach pictures? I see the attachment tab below, but it's not working, or at least I don't think it is working.

#2 ·
Pick an image posting site then get the image post URL from it to share. imgur.com flickr.com are ones I use. I did finally pay for one hosting service because of the number of images I share, but if you aren't going to do thousands and thousands, a free account with either of those of many others works well.

I thought that the center bore on the newer Explorer wheels was pretty small, I know that people that wanted to use them on Crown Vics couldn't, so that is good to hear. Specs show them having a 63.4mm center bore, and your Escape having a 67.1mm.

I am a fan of newer style (and size) wheels going on older vehicles. OEM wheels are usually higher quality, and can be found for fairly cheap. I had Fiesta wheels on my 97 Mark VIII which was a mind boggler for me. I also have some Mustang wheels for my Fusion.

#3 ·
bangster said:
I am a fan of newer style (and size) wheels going on older vehicles. OEM wheels are usually higher quality, and can be found for fairly cheap. I had Fiesta wheels on my 97 Mark VIII which was a mind boggler for me. I also have some Mustang wheels for my Fusion.
Me too - see my avatar - stock Mazda CX9 18in rims with 235/60/18 tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.