What did you do to your Escape today?

Talk about anything related to your Escape, Mariner, Tribute, Maverick!

Re: What did you do to your Escape today?

Postby thesavo - October 6th, 2019, 5:11 pm

The rain came earlier than expected. I only got the ptu/transfer case fluid changed. The rear Differential will have to wait for another day.

I should take care of some of the rust. But that is a story for another day. At 188,870 miles, the transmission got 3 1/2 Quarts, the Ptu got 12 ish ounces, and the tires got rotated. Though, I probably need new front snow tires. The grease boots on the tie rod ends and stabilizer links seemed pretty packed from the spring.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Postby Meatloafmountain - November 21st, 2019, 7:00 pm

Got new lights put in.

LEDs for the fogs.
Rigid lightbar.
HIDs for headlights.
Rear LED reverse lights. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
* Blackhorse Grilleguard - Blackhorse Taillight Guards - Plasti-Dipped stock wheels - Plasti-Dipped grille - Spyder Headlights - Dawn Bodyside Molding - LED light bar - Ford Spoiler - Debadged - LED foglights - Tribute taillights - WeatherTech Lampguard Covers - Plasti-Dipped gas door - front air dam removed - TrailFX Rear Bumper Guard - No Boundaries Roof Rack

* WeatherTech Floor and Cargo mats - Saddleman Seat Covers - various Plasti-Dipped interior pieces - Greyman Tactical MOLLE boards

* Magnaflow exhaust - AEM Brute Force filter

* front strut tower bar - Moog Front Sway Bars - KYB Struts - H&R 1 inch Lift Springs, Front & Back - KONI Rear Shocks

* Optima Yellow Top battery

UpComing Mods / Repairs / Projects:
The Retrofit Source 2nd Gen Fog Light Thread | FTS 4X4 Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arm

Consolidated War Wagon Build Thread
Off Roading Thread
YouTube Offroading Channel
Meatloafmountain

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2012 Ford Escape XLT V6 AWD
My vehicle's name: War Wagon

Postby Skywoulf - May 17th, 2020, 1:58 pm

what did i do to my escape today..........

it is more like what did my escape do to me today.......

for the past 2 months i have been wrestling with the dreaded no crank, no start issue.
so i let the car rest for 2 days while i researched yet more possible scenarios for repair. i am beginning to suspect the PCM as it is the controlled ground signal from it that completes the circuit to energize the starter relay and engage the starter.

my issue in a nutshell is that the starter relay is not getting energized to switch the power from the battery to the starter.

for more information: https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=74226
Skywoulf

E-C LEVEL 2
Congratulations on reaching 100 posts!
My nickname: Sky
My vehicle: 2006 escape xlt 4x4 v6 3.0
My vehicle's name: does it need one?

Postby thesavo - August 22nd, 2020, 2:15 pm

Oil change today. 196,573 miles on my 2008 mariner v6 base. Also changed my pcv valve.

I had bought one a few years ago to replace when I did spark plugs. After inhibitions, and misplacements, the moons aligned and was able to replace it without removing the upper intake.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Last edited by thesavo on September 15th, 2020, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

Postby SNJEscape - September 11th, 2020, 8:33 pm

Had a noise in the r/s front which turned out to be a bad wheel bearing. I removed the knuckle & took it to a local machine shop to have the old one pressed out & a new one pressed in. I am going to re-install the knuckle tomorrow.
2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Extd Cab 4.0L (My DD)Mods; bug shield, vent visors, bed rails, throttle cable, Mustang dome light, Expl OHC, Expl lighted visors, Expl radio trim panel, Ranger logo floor mats, 4.0 Emblems, 06 Mirrors, 01 F/E swap, lights behind the grille, step bars, color matched bumpers, Lund cab visor, tailgate light bar, yellow fog light bulbs, & powerdome hood.
2008 Escape XLT 4X4 2.3L Mods; Remote start, bug shield, vent visors, Explorer cargo area protector, Husky stickers, & yellow fog light bulbs.
1969 Mustang Coupe (Project & future toy)
2002 Honda shadow VT750 (Wifes toy)
1999 Explorer Sport 4X4, 4.0 SOHC, (Wife's DD) Vent visors, Bug Shield, & Grille Guard.
SNJEscape

E-C LEVEL 6
My nickname: Mike
My vehicle: 2008 Escape 4X4 XLT

Postby SNJEscape - September 12th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Picked up the knuckle from the machine shop yesterday after work & installed it today.
2000 Ranger XLT 4X4 Extd Cab 4.0L (My DD)Mods; bug shield, vent visors, bed rails, throttle cable, Mustang dome light, Expl OHC, Expl lighted visors, Expl radio trim panel, Ranger logo floor mats, 4.0 Emblems, 06 Mirrors, 01 F/E swap, lights behind the grille, step bars, color matched bumpers, Lund cab visor, tailgate light bar, yellow fog light bulbs, & powerdome hood.
2008 Escape XLT 4X4 2.3L Mods; Remote start, bug shield, vent visors, Explorer cargo area protector, Husky stickers, & yellow fog light bulbs.
1969 Mustang Coupe (Project & future toy)
2002 Honda shadow VT750 (Wifes toy)
1999 Explorer Sport 4X4, 4.0 SOHC, (Wife's DD) Vent visors, Bug Shield, & Grille Guard.
SNJEscape

E-C LEVEL 6
My nickname: Mike
My vehicle: 2008 Escape 4X4 XLT

Postby JohnThomasson - November 3rd, 2020, 3:21 pm

My Escape got hit while parked recently - hit and run. When they replaced the back glass they informed me that the hinges were bad. So, I replaced those. Replaced the driver side mirror that was smashed off as well, and did enough body work to the fender to pass inspection. The quarter panel was a total mess, and while I had never done body work before, I am satisfied with the results - even if its painfully obvious that an mature did the work ;-)

Also, I got new seat covers - Coverking Neosupreme. They were a little pricy but are awesome, and really improved the interior. Anyone else have problems with the seats in the 05 XLT? The fabric basically deteriorated and fell part.

I'd really love to upgrade the radio/head until next, but am concerned that I'd get it all part and have serious issues getting a screen installed.. So many question about shaving 1/16" off the dash, says modifications to the sub dash, and I can't be sure which head unit will pair well with an iPhone and provide Bluetooth capability to use the navigation from the phone and hands free calling. Plus the wiring harness looks like you still have to manually pair up and connect a ton of wires. You'd think they would make one that would plug into the OEM harness and then into the new head unit, like and adapter in between. Still too many questions to pull the trigger.
JohnThomasson

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2005 Escape XLT

Postby JohnThomasson - November 7th, 2020, 4:43 pm

JohnThomasson

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2005 Escape XLT

Previous

Return to Tailgate Chat