Factory Heated Seats Button

Seats, instrument panel, headliner, console, panels, detailing, more

Factory Heated Seats Button

Postby cravend - September 13th, 2020, 8:12 pm

Hi,

I'm considering installing heated seats in my '08 Escape. However, I'd like to use the factory heated seat buttons to control them. I have a HVAC-EMTC (junkyard), but does anyone know if it's possible to wire those directly to some sort of aftermarket pad?
cravend

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape XLT

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Factory Heated Seats Button

Postby thesavo - September 15th, 2020, 6:46 am

You might as well take the seat bottom and back cushions while you're in salvage yard. They typically cost $20-30 each at the one I frequent.
The factory heating elements would be the best match IMHO. you can try taking resistance values, but that may not give you enough information.

I have no experience with breaking down seats, only Transplanting them. However, I suppose if the color is not the same or to your liking you could attempt to remove the cloth from another donor in the yard as practice. That will give you an idea how easy it is and how much tearing is involved.

Do you have a wiring diagram or do you require one?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
thesavo

E-C LEVEL 6
My vehicle: 2008 Mariner Base

Re: Factory Heated Seats Button

Postby cravend - September 15th, 2020, 8:23 am

I don’t have the wiring diagram, that would be much appreciated. I tried to take the pads out of my junkyard car but the leather was all ripped up and I couldn’t detach the relay so I gave up.
cravend

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2008 Ford Escape XLT

Return to Interior Mods