Ford Escape Automobiles Forum banner

Where is the Sync 54-Pin Connector Located 2010 Escape

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Brew12601 
#1 ·
I am installing an aftermarket radio in my 2010 Escape. I am using a Pac- Audio SWI-RC-1 to retain steering wheel controls. There is a wire that connects to the The 54 pin that is located at the SYNC module in the rear of the center console per their instructions. How do I get to this connector?

#2 ·
The sync module is at the front of the center console on the drivers side. You might be able to get access to what you need by just removing the screws on the drivers side of the console and pulling the side piece back. Otherwise you will probably have to take the console apart.

#4 ·
Yes it is a problem trying to get inside of the console. If I understand what you are trying to do, you need to tap the wires that go to the 3 sync buttons on the right side of the steering wheel? (5 of the buttons go direct to the radio ACM, but the other three go to the sync module).

I would probably be easier to tap those wires somewhere along the way to the steering wheel. If you look in this thread: https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24734
You will see in the 13th & 14th pictures the wires you need to tap. The connector shown in the pictures is the clock spring connector on the steering column. You need to take the plastic covers off the steering column to see it. In pic 13, there are two wires missing from the connector and in 14 they were added. These two that were added are for the sync buttons. So you could tap them at this connector or farther down the steering column.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.