Keyless entry remote/receiver problems

Got a problem? Want to find the solution? Check here!

Keyless entry remote/receiver problems

Postby Avgas - October 1st, 2013, 10:55 pm

Hello,
I am having a problem with the keyless entry remote on my 2009 Escape XLT.
The remote stopped working all of the sudden making me think it was a battery issue. I went ahead and replaced the battery but the remote still did not function.
I stopped by my local auto parts store where they have a keyless entry remote testing stand and the remote is indeed sending out a signal when the buttons are pressed.
I consulted the owners manual and found out that remote should not have to be reprogrammed even after a battery change.
This leads me to believe that there might be something wrong with the receiver installed in the vehicle.
Has anyone had this problem before?
Does anyone have any information on the signal receiver location in the vehicle?
Any troubleshooting instructions?
Any info is appreciated,
Thanks
Avgas

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!
My vehicle: 2009 XLT

Remove Advertisements

Escape-City.com
Advertisement

Re: Keyless entry remote/receiver problems

Postby tuxtanium - October 2nd, 2013, 3:51 am

The receiver is part of the Smart Junction Box.

Do all remotes behave poorly, or just the one?
tuxtanium
tuxtanium

E-C LEVEL 5
My nickname: G
My vehicle: 2014 Ford Focus Titanium HB
My vehicle's name: Black Betty

Postby Avgas - October 2nd, 2013, 12:01 pm

lilblue wrote:The receiver is part of the Smart Junction Box.

Do all remotes behave poorly, or just the one?

I only have one remote
Avgas

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby N6CRV - October 2nd, 2013, 12:09 pm

Hello, you might want to try reprograming the remote. Here is how and can't see how it can hurt anything.

1 . Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door
locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm
programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to
confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Don
N6CRV

E-C LEVEL 4
My vehicle: 2005 Escape 2.3L XLS

Postby Avgas - October 2nd, 2013, 1:01 pm

N6CRV wrote:Hello, you might want to try reprograming the remote. Here is how and can't see how it can hurt anything.

1 . Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 10 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door

2. Within 20 seconds press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm
programming.

3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle again to
confirm programming.

4. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

Don

I wish I had two remotes to attempt that
Avgas

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby N6CRV - October 2nd, 2013, 1:09 pm

Hello you ONLY need ONE!! It is just saying if you have more then one you have to do it in 20 sec. You only need two keys to program a extra key.

Avgas wrote:
N6CRV wrote:Hello, you might want to try reprograming the remote. Here is how and can't see how it can hurt anything.

programming.

confirm programming.

Don

I wish I had two remotes to attempt that
N6CRV

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Avgas - October 2nd, 2013, 1:33 pm

I don't believe that is the procedure for a '09 model, the owners manual states that "At least two Integrated Keyhead Transmitters are required to perform the reprogramming yourself" and it lists a different procedure.
Avgas

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby N6CRV - October 2nd, 2013, 1:36 pm

Hello, So sorry!! I did not even think about yours being an all in one. Seems like the manufactures are making it harder all the time. Good luck!!

Avgas wrote:I don't believe that is the procedure for a '09 model, the owners manual states that "At least two Integrated Keyhead Transmitters are required to perform the reprogramming yourself" and it lists a different procedure.
N6CRV

E-C LEVEL 4

Postby Avgas - October 2nd, 2013, 1:46 pm

N6CRV wrote:Hello, So sorry!! I did not even think about yours being an all in one. Seems like the manufactures are making it harder all the time. Good luck!!

Actually, my key is separate from my remote, seems like this was an option or purchased at a later time. The owners manual only talks about an all in one Integrated Keyhead Transmitter however.
Avgas

E-C ROOKIE
WELCOME TO E-C!

Postby underthetire - October 2nd, 2013, 1:59 pm

Avgas wrote:
N6CRV wrote:Hello, So sorry!! I did not even think about yours being an all in one. Seems like the manufactures are making it harder all the time. Good luck!!

Actually, my key is separate from my remote, seems like this was an option or purchased at a later time. The owners manual only talks about an all in one Integrated Keyhead Transmitter however.

This leads me to believe you have an aftermarket alarm installed.
underthetire

E-C LEVEL 8
My vehicle: 2009 xlt sun and sync 2.5
My vehicle's name: Money saver

Next

Return to Problems And Solutions